Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Icy first day of spring

Yesterday my husband set up sprinklers at the 3 fruit trees. Then we heard that the low would only be around 38° so he said for me not to bother to turn on the sprinklers. (He goes to bed at 7 PM and I go to bed at 11 PM). But I thought I'd just go ahead and turn them on anyway since they were all set up, just in case. Glad I did because it got down to 32.°  Probably not cold enough for long enough to hurt anything, but you never know.

During

After


You can see some of my tomato plants in the background. I cover them every night just because they'll grow faster the warmer the night is for them.


3 comments:

  1. You never know what Mother Nature will actually come up with. We're nowhere near spring yet on Minnesota tundra...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forcast in Texas Panhandle was 30°. We hit 25°.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! I doubt it froze at the oasis, but may have. I'll find out tomorrow when I go down there.

    ReplyDelete