Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Another hot Mac day!

While the relentless triple-digit heat has me cowering in town, Mac is at CMO holding down the fort. But not to worry, I'll be there fighting to water trees and get the electrical problem fixed tomorrow. Hopefully, the electrician will show up and be helpful.

Mac captured this adorable cell phone shot (the subjects were too close to use his big lens) of a baby Javelina today. I didn't even know they could be reddish like this. Must be a younger one than I've ever seen. This little water feature is right in front of the viewing blind. No wonder it gets low on water so often!


It means a lot to me to have Mac here, not only being my eyes when I'm gone, but capturing these wonderful images. He's planning to go home to Houston this week, having stayed longer than originally intended. He'll be missed!


In the above photo the male Lucifer's gorget isn't fluorescing due to the lighting. And the female is definitely not interested. I guess she wants to be dazzled by flashing neon. Or maybe she's already on a nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment