Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, September 27, 2019

Allergies alive and well


Started weed-eating at the oasis this morning and had to take several meds in order to continue breathing. It's that time of year.

A couple of visitors from Austin had an unexpected adventure today. First, they had a flat tire from a sharp rock on Snake Road before even arriving at my road. Then when they got here, I asked him to help me move a heavy pump. They got two life birds here. The only adventure they probably expected was the Lucifer Hummingbird lifer.


I saw several darners that could either be Blue-eyed Darner, or rare Arroyo Darner, which would be a lifer for me. The only way for me to tell for sure is to get a photo of the cerci (tip of the abdomen). Luckily, I did get one diagnostic shot. Just a Blue-eyed. But one of these days.


Here's a comparison between the two species.

Arroyo Darner

Blue-eyed Darner
And here's an enlargement of my photo from today. Obviously a Blue-eyed.



No comments:

Post a Comment