Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Odessa in the rear view mirror

So glad yesterday's and today's Odessa trips are behind us, and my husband is happy with his cataract surgery.

I hastened to the oasis hoping to satiate myself in odes for a few days. Coming from Alpine I saw where rains had been spotty. Sunshine through the clouds was spotty too.


Terlingua Ranch road had obviously had a recent deluge, but by the time I neared the oasis, not a drop anywhere. Figures.

I arrived before 8 PM and it was already getting dark out. But I'll get a full day tomorrow. Have to water too. Nothing at the oasis has had any precipitation for 10 days. Can't procrastinate any longer. Luckily, I can water and hunt odes at the same time. Just means the inconvenience of carrying binoculars and camera on me while I drag hoses around, etc.

Beebrush is blooming everywhere. Maybe some interesting butterflies will show up too.


No comments:

Post a Comment