Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, September 21, 2019

Finally Pacific moisture

The oasis got a big rain during the night last night and we're under a flash flood watch tonight. Only two more days left of summer monsoon season, but Pacific hurricane season lasts another two months. We're good. The oasis is secure for at least another year. And hopefully for many more now that I have that new tank.

Pumping from the upper settling pond to the stucco tank

Things are looking nice and lush. It's hard to enjoy when I've been fighting pumps and hoses all day. Wet and muddy, too. I didn't see any interesting odes today but photographed a couple common ones.

Male Blue Dasher

Male Eastern Amberwing
Also saw a splendid Black-tailed Rattlesnake. I didn't notice his tail wasn't on my photos until he was gone, or I would at least have tried to coax him to show it. (It was showing when I reached for my camera.)



No comments:

Post a Comment