Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, November 20, 2020

Wild animals living among humans

 A lovely day where I hated to be stuck in Alpine, so when my husband said he was going to check his feral hog trap, I eagerly rode along. Turns out he had caught a bunch of Javelina in it, which, of course, we released.






Deer lounging around near our ponds.



There's a tree cage on the left side of the photo that they probably got antlers stuck in, pulling it off. Next they rubbed their antlers on the tree the cage had been protecting. The tree is a mulberry, so it'll survive, but not good.


Here's the bear with the missing paw, surely due to some not-so-bright person setting a trap for it. Photo taken last year by neighbors, Bruce & Stephanie, a couple of miles away from the oasis.


Please let me know if the videos in this post don't work for you. I'm having trouble seeing them. Don't know if it's my slow computer or not.

3 comments:

  1. Good morning Carolyn. The first one works for me but I never could get the second one to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the new blogger. It won't let me embed videos anymore and they don't work right with downloading them directly. Sometimes they work for me and sometimes not. Try it again.

    ReplyDelete