Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, April 16, 2022

Another good migration day

I enjoyed birding my Alpine habitat today with other birders. And I hate that I can't be there tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be great! But I had to come to the oasis this evening to take care of feeders and watering here. It looked so hot, dry, and bird-less when I arrived. Surely it'll look better in the morning.

In town, I was treated to two beautiful orioles. It's mind-boggling how they hide in the Black Locust trees' blooms considering how colorful they are, but they disappear and are difficult to relocate.

Bullock's Oriole

Hooded Oriole

Here are some of the birders studying the blooms, knowing an oriole is in there, but unable to locate it. It took a while, but we eventually all got to see it.

 

Tomorrow will have to be really good to beat today! I'll let you know.

Sunset at CMO this evening



No comments:

Post a Comment