Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Belated new oasis species!

On March 21st I rushed to the oasis to water. It was very windy, and cool. Naturally, as I watered I snapped photos of what  birds I could. In my blog post for that day I mentioned how I hated the wind but at least there were some birds to see for a change.


Well, I submitted pics to ebird of a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher and another bird I called a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher that looked different, but I commented it might be a female. It so obviously wasn't a gnatcatcher! I know I'm a better birder than that! I must have been exhausted with wind-caused brain fog. Anyway, the ebird reviewer for this area, Steven Cardiff, emailed me today and told me what it was. I'm thrilled to have had a Lucy's Warbler at the oasis, but rather disheartened that I didn't figure it out myself. Duh!

I had long since deleted the photos, but was able to copy them from my report. Double duh!




Needless to say, I'll try to do better with IDs and saving photos. I know, you've heard that often enough before. LOL

Today in town, before the wind started raging again, I got nice looks at a MacGillivray's Warbler.


And something, probably a raccoon, got all the eggs in the duck's nest. Gonna have to come up with a better plan next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment