Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, June 2, 2022

A soaking rain at CMO

When my sister called me that we got a rain in the night, I rushed down to the oasis. Had been staying in town caring for my husband. (He fell a few days ago and broke a couple of ribs.)


The oasis got nearly an inch of slow rain so not much ran, but the ground needed it desperately. Probably saved the soapberries and who knows what else. I'm pumping out the settling pond and will end up with the big tank nearly half full. I'd like to use it to top off the above-ground reserve tank, but not only does my helpless husband need me back in town, but I'd like the water to settle a bit before I do that. It's really dirty now.


From this settling pond (dam far right)

To the big tank

I'll update the situation tomorrow since we're forecast for more rain tonight. 

My daughter is recovering at home. It's a long slow process, but no glitches so far.



1 comment:

  1. Glad you got some much needed rain. Hope it's a good monsoon season for Texas

    ReplyDelete