Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, July 22, 2022

So much wonder at CMO!

Finished watering today before it got too hot. No more bear sign anywhere, but my sister said she saw one last week on her critter cam. Still fighting goatheads. It'll be ongoing, but worth the trouble eventually.


Highlight of my day was photographing this female California Spreadwing having Familiar Bluet for breakfast shortly after 8 AM.



Leaving the oasis this afternoon, I noticed this white patch of rock to the west of my road. Funny I had never noticed that before. If I was way way younger, I'd climb up to it.




Additionally, my sisters found a dart point on our mountain. My archaeologist sister, Andrea, said it's a Middle Archaic "Almagre," dating to 4,000 yrs. BP. So much wonder!



AND... another new flower species for our land. Warnock's Justicia (Justicia warnockii). I had never even seen a photo of that species before since there are none online. Totally awesome!




No comments:

Post a Comment