Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, July 3, 2022

Finally to the oasis


At long last I was able to leave my husband home alone long enough to go to the oasis. I hadn't been there since June 9, the longest I've ever been away, 24 days. While it was wondrous, it was overwhelming with so much needing done. I wasn't able to water everything, and wasn't able to eliminate the weeds that desperately needed removing, namely, goatheads and Cowpen Daisies. I used a weedeater to cut down a bunch of the latter. It's, at best, a temporary aid. Couldn't get them all, and they'll regrow. Need to get help, I guess.


As for the goatheads, I worked on them until I was exhausted, and needed to get back to town to fix Hugh supper.




Other than rushing around like crazy with no time to assess the butterfly and dragonfly situation, I enjoyed just being there in the peace and quiet, surrounded by odes, birds, and butterflies. Lovely to see some things in bloom that I rarely see blooming, like this senna. It's one I planted, but I don't remember now which species. Maybe Lindheimer's.



Hopefully, we'll get rain and hopefully I can go back in a few days to get some more done.

This is my daughter one month after her brain surgery. She still can't do much of anything.






2 comments: