Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, July 21, 2022

Bear sign

I would not have known a bear visited the oasis recently if I hadn't seen fresh claw marks in my prized Chinese Pistachio tree.



I know it's recent because the flaked-off bark is lying on top of the fresh mulch I put under the tree last Sunday. So far I haven't seen any other indication of bear presence. Maybe I will see more sign as I finish watering tomorrow.



I'm really exhausted tonight. After working a couple of hours in town, I arrived at the oasis late morning, followed by a visitor that really wanted to see the Mexican Amberwings. Luckily, it was still here. We couldn't find any California Spreadwings though. I didn't get much watering done in the 105° heat. I'll finish in the morning.





No comments:

Post a Comment