Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Big monsoon! YAY!

Last night my sister called that they got an inch of rain and the arroyo that comes from the oasis was running big. So this morning they went to check the oasis for me, since I can't be there. Everything is full at the oasis, I'm planning on going down either Thursday afternoon or Friday morning, depending on how my husband is doing. Meanwhile, she sent me these photos.


Stucco tank brimful

Dragonfly pond (holds water for about a month)

Large lower dam below oasis (holds for a week or so)


4 comments:

  1. Fantastic…congratulations. It’s great to see all that water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to go there and see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put some minnows in the pond to help with the mosquitoes. The herons will like it. As for the goats head, keep them trimed with a line trimmer don't let them go to seed. That's what I do. Your place looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to keep gambusias in the ponds for mosquitoes, but I like to have more dragonflies. The mosquitoes are usually just bad for a couple of weeks. I've tried everything with the goatheads. We have them bad in Alpine too. They make seeds no matter how much we mow them. My weedeater broke while I was cutting them last time I was there. I think I'll get most of them if I stay on top of it from now on.

    ReplyDelete