Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, August 20, 2022

Another killer day

Glad to get nearly an inch of rain, even though it meant a grueling day of pumping. And my internet was down all day which is always traumatic, well stressful, for me. But I soldiered through, wrestling with hoses and gas pumps. There would have been enough water to top everything off but it was getting dark and rainy. Needed to take a town break.



There's enough water left in the lower dirt tank to top things off next time I'm down there... unless the above stucco tank springs a new leak. Speaking of leaks, the reserve tank (gofundme tank) seems to be leaking minimally. Less than my other tanks, so it made sense to top it off today too. Put the water where it lasts the longest. Logistically, I'm going to wait until there's room in the stucco tank to empty and patch the reserve tank. Can't justify wasting any water, much less that much. It will have to be patched, but not urgently. 


Here's a picture I found online, taken by someone who lives several miles to the east of the oasis, looking west as the oasis got that good monsoon yesterday.



You probably recognize West Corazone Peak, as it appears in the background of my oasis photos looking east. To the right of it is East Corazone Peak, which isn't visible from the oasis, being blocked by my mountain. My mountain therefore isn't visible on this photo.


Not much dragonfly or bird activity although I didn't really have time to look today. Everywhere is an oasis right now, so things are dispersed, I think.


1 comment:

  1. I tried to find the go fund me account, and couldn’t find it.

    ReplyDelete