Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, August 28, 2022

This round goes to the bear!

 


When I arrived at the oasis it appeared a bear had pulled the feeder down and broken the top crossarm off. The hoist wire was still bolted in place. Birders present today said they saw fresh bear scat. When I examined the pole it appeared that the crossarm wasn't broken, but had come off by being unscrewed. So I can't swear a bear did it; possibly wind action over time unscrewed the pipe. I think it was a bear, but...


I didn't have a replacement pipe, as the one that came off went down inside the pole. So I brought the crossarm to town to get what I need here so that can't happen again. Clearly, I'm winning!



My big strong grandson did some pickaxing on the big hill. I'm feeling optimistic that the steep part can be fixed to one degree or another. This photo doesn't show how rough it is.




2 comments:

  1. Carolyn, those of us that have been to the Oasis in the past couple of years know how rough that road is. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The road will always be rough but the big hill is going to get safer and less stressful!

    ReplyDelete