Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

No margin for error

When I arrived at the oasis early this morning, the first thing I noticed was the seed bucket was lowered and empty. To make matters worse, I had forgotten to bring bird seed from town. That was my second mistake. The first one was not bolting the seed bucket hoist like I should have. Lessons learned. Only a bear would be able to pull it down like that, of course.


I finished pumping out the dirt tank into the stucco tank. It is losing 3" per day, so kind of an exercise in futility. I also did some pick-axing on the big hill. I finally have a plan of action for concreting the steepest part. Now I just have to find out if it's doable, and if someone will do it.


Birds were carrying on back near the water drip. It didn't take me long to assess the situation. They were mobbing a Western Coachwhip snake high in a tree. 


 

Never a dull moment!


No comments:

Post a Comment