Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, August 28, 2023

Reunited with my camera

I got my like-new camera back from the repair shop in California. My number one priority every time I touch it is going to be its safety. 



Still struggling with it. I used the back up Lumix just long enough to where I forget which dials, knobs and levers I need to do on the Sony. In the confusion, I am either too late for a photo, or take a bad one. I'll get the re-hang of it.


Yesterday my son and I went to the oasis. He decided there was enough water in the dirt tank to pay to pump. It took all day and wore us both out, but the 18" of water it added to the stucco tank might be the difference between the oasis making it until the next monsoon. Which may or may not happen before next summer.


The Chinese Pistachio berries are starting to ripen, so migrants are beginning to show up. Of course mockingbirds are patrolling the tree, trying to keep the berries for themselves.



So much maintenance needs doing at the oasis that it quite overwhelms my son. The place needs full-time care. Don't know when that's going to happen, but he's making progress in that direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment