Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Countdown to teeth!

I finally have a sort of date now. The teeth are supposed to arrive to the dentist from the lab on Monday afternoon (Feb. 26). They'll call me the next morning to schedule me. Surely, they'll take pity on me and work me in promptly, either Tuesday or the next day! I guess that's progress. My mouth has now pretty much healed. Some soreness, but no pain, so it's all uphill from here!


I went birding to Musquiz Lake a couple of days ago, probably partly in desperation to divert my attention from my dental woes. LOL It was a fun diversion. I saw elk and got photos of a Black-crowned Night-Heron. Since winter is normally a bleak time, it doesn't take much to make me happy.




Back in Alpine, my husband watered the blue bonnets that were near the apricot tree... for days. Big mistake! Now the tree is in full bloom and it's only February.



Maybe we'll get lucky this year and no March freeze. Inca Doves are mating already.


I feel the excitement in the air! Lucifers are likely making their way toward the oasis as I write this, and next week I'll be able to eat! Life is good!

(My sister with her new book)


2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the dental work. I hope they fit you in quickly. Glad you had fun at the lake. I just had several teeth pulled now have to wait for healing to then determine if I can get implants. Will take some rebuilding of the jaw... ick. I'm glad you are close to the end of your dental journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I sure hope you good luck also. Don't let them talk you out of implants. They can quickly and easily graft bone into your jaw. Eating is vital to health and well-being. You won't regret it.

      Delete