Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, February 15, 2024

Happy oasis

When the oasis is happy, I'm happy. My son and I went down today to service feeders and water. All went smoothly, and the weather was calm and overcast. I'm still not up to speed health-wise so was really dragging after a couple of hours. But I'm happy to report the bear-proof feeder is working perfectly, finally. The birds are all over it, indicating they're getting plenty of seed out, yet in the past six days it looked like less than 20 lbs. had been consumed. That's way less than before the tweaking. Totally bear-proof and doesn't waste seed. All good.



We pumped some water from the rock above ground tank (the one that holds about 11,000 gallons) into the stucco tank because the stucco tank is almost empty. The birds loved the stream it made going into the tank. This photo contains at least seven birds.



The Anna's hummingbird is still present. Hard to believe that in two weeks Lucifers will be back, which to me signifies the beginning of spring. YAY



No comments:

Post a Comment