Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Oasis state of mind

I woke up at 5 AM to the sound of thunder. It rained for the next two hours, but just a slow drizzle. Nothing ran, so the tanks didn't get topped off. Maybe tomorrow. I ended up getting over half an inch.


So, since I didn't have to water today I finished up a bunch of miscellaneous chores. Also found time to sit for a while and watch dragonflies. It was a bit cool and cloudy for much dragonfly activity. I'm determined to learn them. What works best for me is to photograph them, then try to ID them from the photos. I'm getting more proficient at it. It eventually soaks in that I've taken enough photos of a certain species. I know what it is before I take the photo, so I don't need to take anymore of that one. Here's my favorite from today's efforts. It's a Common Green Darner. Hopefully, I won't need to take any more photos of that species.



No comments:

Post a Comment