Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Black-throated Gray Warbler at CMO

I was excited to see this Black-throated Gray Warbler, even though I just saw it for a few minutes. I think it dropped in because it heard the water running from the hose as I was watering. It got pretty close before it realized I was present. Then it went and drank from the shade water feature where I snapped this photo before I didn't see it anymore. It stayed in motion all the time and was very difficult to photograph. I've only seen this species here once or twice before. It had bright yellow lores that don't show on this photo.

                       

I finally got all the bad deer feed spread. Each bag weighed 50 lbs. I think there were close to 100 bags so it could have weighed a total of 5000 lbs, but I'm not sure how many I started out with. I didn't count them. At least 50 though. I have no idea whether spreading the feed will turn out to be a good idea, or a bad idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment