Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Slow day

It frustrates me that so many birders are visiting and birding is so slow for migration. The group yesterday saw the screech-owl, but not the Lucifer Hummingbird. The group today saw the Lucifer but not the owl.
Here's a crispy, fresh looking dragonfly I saw today. I'm in Alpine and my book is at the oasis but I think it's a Variegated Meadowhawk.


Wildflowers are everywhere, but this lone flower inspired me to take its photo. I don't remember what kind it is. Maybe a hibiscus?


2 comments:

  1. Looks like some sort of evening-primrose to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. That's what others have said too. I don't know why I didn't recognize it since this photo was taken at the place where Evening Primrose always grow. Guess I'm getting senile.

    ReplyDelete