Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, September 9, 2013

Cooler weather

It seems to have cooled off a few degrees, but no rain here yet. Maybe tomorrow.

I'm practicing shooting photos in MANUAL mode, using autofocus, and I think I'm going to like that better than AV mode. May need to take practice shots with each photographic subject for a while, but it'll be worth it if my photography improve.

Here's one I took while practicing. It's a juvenile male Calliope, maybe the same one I shot the other day. Can't wait for morning so I can practice some more. Gotta learn how to stop that wing action.


I bet these Scaled Quail found some Pigeonberries (rivina humilis) that made them so red in the face. In early days the plant was used for red dye and is commonly called  Rouge-plant. 


Pigeonberry



No comments:

Post a Comment