Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Citrus project progress

Some of the seeds I've planted have sprouted (not the kumquats), probably grapefruit.























Meanwhile, a dear friend, Jane Crone, has obtained a Prickly Ash (Zanthoxylum fagara) for me that I need to figure out how to get to Alpine from where she lives 6 hours away. I'm so excited about it.

Today I had to drive to Odessa to the dentist. Here's how the conversation started after I got into the dentist chair.

Dr: What can I do for you today?
Me: My [implant] bar broke.
Dr: No they can't break. It's not possible. In my 20 years of putting them in, I've never seen one break.
Me: But remember, I told you once that I'm under a dental curse.
Dr (after looking into my mouth): You're not under a dental curse, you are a dental curse.

I swear, I'm not making that up. He called the lab and they're footing the bill for a new bar. But it means starting all over with endless trips to Odessa, fittings and adjustments. I try to accept what I can't change, but it's not easy. I've had the implants less than a year.


4 comments:

  1. I think mine is hirsutum AKA Toothache Tree
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, that tree may have to do double duty. One for my toothaches and one for the swallowtails.

      Delete
  2. That means lots more chances to check the 385 Rest Area! ;-)

    ReplyDelete