Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Exciting two-lifer day!

Today Kelly treated me to an ode search on a private ranch near Ft Davis. We wore ourselves out, for sure. The owners have some pet Pot-bellied Pigs, which I hadn't seen since I was growing up in Iowa, so that was cool.


Down along Limpia Creek we pursued odonates in earnest.


Before long Kelly found one we couldn't identify. He later determined it was an Autumn Meadowhawk (formerly Yellow-legged). Pretty awesome! Lifer one for the day.


This photo shows the yellow legs better


After sloshing in and out of the creek for another hour or two (who keeps track?), we found Variable Dancers, which was a lifer for me. I can tell them by the two-tone tail tip, which I had never seen before.


A pet calf wanted to play. Its definition of play diverged from ours.

All things have to end and we eventually made our way back to Kelly's vehicle, still enjoying the sights.



No comments:

Post a Comment