Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Kind of a downer day

I went to look for butterflies in my flower patch along the road where the city assured me they would avoid mowing. Well, it was mowed. And the city didn't do it. My husband did. Very disheartening.


























His excuse was that he waited until after they went to seed. I had explained to him that I wanted the rare (to me) red mallows to grow into lovely bushes, that they needed to be left even after they seeded, but he never listens. Usually never lets me finish a sentence.

I'm headed to the oasis this evening. That should cheer me up.

There have been a lot of Praying Mantises on the hummingbird feeders this summer, though I haven't actually seen a hummer get captured by one.


I've been wanting a better photo of a Tropical Buckeye, but not sure that's even what this is. Need Brian to ID it but I guess he's out somewhere doing his thing.


UPDATE: Brian says it is a Tropical, but I'd still like a better photo of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment