Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Allergy season

It had been quite a few years since I've had bad allergies, so I had pretty much figured it was something I had outgrown. But this fall it went from mild to bad to worse. So after a midnight trip to the ER* a couple of nights ago, I've been confined to the house, trying to get it under control with an inhaler and steroids. It's the first time in my life I've used an inhaler and my lungs resist inhaling anything akin to smoke, toxins, or albuterol. It's getting a little better to where I can inhale without choking on the fumes instantly.

But I got such cabin fever I decided to run outside to the ponds, photograph the first butterfly and dragonfly I saw, then come back inside. I gave myself ten minutes. Here are the results, less than even mildly interesting. I just had to photograph something, anything. Shot this Flame Skimmer before I made myself go back inside. Felt great to get out though.


The good news is that while I was at the hospital, and later, the doctor, I got completely tested, and checked over. Everything is great and normal. The doctor even checked my right shoulder that hasn't worked good since I coated the tank last winter, and said the rotator cuff is injured but will eventually get better. And in fact, it has improved slightly in the last six months, so that's wonderful to know...  that I can expect continued improvement.
________________________________

* My bronchial tubes were inflamed and almost totally swelled shut. I googled and found out over 3,000 people die every year in the US from asthma. Something to take seriously, so I did, and I'm glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment