Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Movin' right along



Above was my target for today, to prevent water from washing out the road there. I promised myself I would do it, and I did. It would have been more gratifying, of course, if my efforts had made the road smoother to drive.


Tomorrow, if I'm able, I might try to pour a little concrete on the actual water crossing to make it smoother, although it'll likely be years before water crosses there again. The culvert normally handles it all.


It seems like everything I do is just a drop in the bucket, but with only one mile of road to maintain, how bad can it be? If that bucket just didn't have a hole in it!

One more promise I made today, to post a butterfly photo for Brian. Here's to you, Brian!


OK, I feel bad, here's a bonus pic. American Lady showing its best side.


And maybe my grass isn't greener, but my water sure is.


I was looking for the corpse of the deformed hummer today, but it's alive and well. Migrants are trickling through. Briefly had a Red-breasted Nuthatch stop by for a drink. but could not get a decent photo.


This sandpiper loves the lower dirt tank. I guess it's a Spotted Sandpiper.



2 comments: