Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Good migration day

Saw the most Clay-colored Sparrows and Dickcissels I've ever seen at one time. However, they were always way across the pond from me so didn't get decent photos. Probably many dozens of them.



Dickcissel
So many sparrows I had a hard time sorting them all out. I'm thinking this next one is a juvenile Clay-colored.


Mac and another photographer, Steve Suchy,  got good photos of a Black-throated Gray Warbler. That's always a nice migrant. Here's Steve's photo. Thanks for sharing!


2 comments:

  1. I think your "juv Clay-colored" may be an early Vesper based on the flank streaking and overall paleness - what an impressive flock to descend onto the oasis!!

    Have been reading every post (usually catch up once a week) but haven't had much to say lately... still horribly homesick for the desert.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you're right on the sparrow. Hope you get back here one of these days.

    ReplyDelete