Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

They're back

Couldn't stand sitting around town any longer so headed to CMO. Summer's my favorite time of year. Don't want to waste a minute of it. Friday my sister and I are going back up the mountain. I'm going to mostly look for butterflies, especially a Chisos Metalmark. I know the odds are almost zero of me finding one, but so much Skeletonleaf Goldeneye is blooming up there that it's worth a try.

My rue plant is covered with Black Swallowtail caterpillars again.


It's really difficult to locate a perched Blue-eyed Darner, so when I do, I feel like I should photograph it. Had to crawl in mud for this shot, but what the heck!


In general, there isn't much activity at the oasis. With the tanks full I would have expected more odes at least. Got plenty warm for them today (97°).

No comments:

Post a Comment