Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, October 9, 2017

Amberwings on my mind

It's hard spending so much time in town, especially with winter imminent. My butterflying and oding days are almost over until next summer. I went outdoors today to photograph the Eastern Amberwings here for comparison with the Mexican Amberwings, hoping to get better at telling them apart.


Like, I'm wondering if the lighting and shadowing from the wings make them hard to tell apart. The above is an Eastern, but might the dark on the thorax be caused by the wing's shadow? Might direct light on the Mexican thorax make them look paler than the Eastern, etc.

While I was thus engaged, a Desert Firetail photobombed my picture.


So I photographed the damselfly too. That about wraps up my day.


No comments:

Post a Comment