Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Another windy day

The little Tree Tobaccos were blowing so bad that I put protectors around them, but couldn't keep the shields from blowing off either. I hate wind.

Yesterday we installed 3 new agave stalks at the oasis, and today a Ladder-backed Woodpecker worked all day putting holes in them. I swear he has OCD.


I took a cool video of the woodpecker pecking, with chips flying, but alas, I turned the camera vertically to get more of the stalk. Now I discovered it can't be rotated, so I decided not to post it. Had to settle for this still shot. Maybe tomorrow.


Nothing has found the stalk we put by the house. I think the woodpecker is nesting in one of the old stalks at the oasis, so the new ones there are in his territory. The one at the house will have to wait until a different woodpecker discovers it.

Cassin's Kingbird

Today three middle-aged siblings visited the oasis. One was a birder who wanted to sit patiently and photograph Lucifers, the other two wanted to hike, hike, hike. They were gung-ho to go hike the Lost Mine Trail. I suggested a compromise and they were all happy. I took the hikers to my trail head and pointed the way. Not the Lost Mine Trail, but they had it all to themselves, no long drive into the park, and got their hiking urges satisfied. For now, anyway. LOL And of course, their brother got to take some good bird photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment