Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Fun day at the oasis

Whenever I get to the oasis I feel quiet, peace, and exhilaration. It's the only place on earth where I can experience those feelings simultaneously. So it's sad to have to leave, but I had stuff in town I had to deal with. I did have the fun of photographing a Common Grackle before I left though. It's not a rare bird, just rare in the Big Bend. Only the third one I've documented at the oasis.



Not much else unusual going on. Quite a few birders visiting these days. It's that time of year. Texas Madrones are blooming, as is just about everything else.



2 comments:

  1. Flew in from Dubai, United Arab Emirates yesterday, heading your way - the most distant travellers yet? Hope to show the boys Elf Owl, and they hope to show Dad Lucifer Hummingbird :-)
    See you later today, we hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have directions to get there? If not, email me at the address in this blog. I won't be able to be there today. If you want to see the owl there you need to come when I'm there. I hear there's one in Rio Grande Village.

    ReplyDelete