Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Life moves and changes

Kelly and Donna Bryan are moving away from the Big Bend, and while I understand, it's still sad to see them go. We had a nice lunch together today. I hope it's not the last. They are scheduled to be here during the festival so I look forward to seeing them then. Love you guys!


Kelly told me that the Anna's Hummingbird that's nesting in Big Bend NP  at Cottonwood Campground is on its second nest. It did the first one in February. It has already fledged two young. Cool! I had no idea!

Usually when I see ordinary things that just strike me as being lovely, I don't photograph the moment, but I'm trying to change that. So today when I walked into my Alpine sitting room and the sun filtered through the window, it struck me as rather lovely. I took a photo. Gonna do more of that. Just because I see something day after day doesn't mean it's not photo-worthy. Especially when I'm stuck in Alpine and not much going on. The oasis spoils me for sure.


The reason I'm posting the photo is to show you how the poor Norfolk Pine tree has outgrown the room. I don't know what to do with it. It's pressing against the ceiling and it won't survive outdoors. I don't want to take it to CMO because the one I already have there in a pot just grew straight up to the skylight and lost it's lower leaves and isn't attractive or healthy. Not to mention how to get it there. Maybe my son could take it to his house.

Here's a cool photo of a Turkey Vulture taken by Michael Gray.


___________________________________

UPDATE: My son said he'll take the tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment