Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Final 2019 challenge

I challenged myself to see how many species I could photograph at the oasis today. Of the 22 species I observed, I got photos of 16 species. I won't bore you with them. They're just common species basically. Here's my favorite bird photo of the day, Green-tailed Towhee. That species overwinters at the oasis every year.


There was a cold north breeze today which made the air uncomfortable for me, but I persevered.

The gopher remained hard at work most of the day.


And it was a treat to see a butterfly (Dainty Sulphur) on blooming verbena (Glandularia wrightii).


A visitor got his lifer Allen's Hummingbird today. My promised help for road work canceled at the last minute. Tomorrow starts another year. I'm ready. Happy New Year!

Last oasis sunset for 2019. Actually, last one of the decade.




No comments:

Post a Comment