Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Flu season

I read that this is a really bad flu season and well over a thousand Americans have died from it already. Still a couple more months to go too. It surprised me to learn that what I have, that I called a cold culminating in bronchitis, is actually Type B influenza. I had this same thing Thanksgiving two years ago. And I get the flu shot religiously every year. Go figure! I am almost well though.

So these days I spend a lot of time sitting watching my hummingbird feeder out the window. It's really strange. Normally, I get an Allen's, Rufous, or Anna's that hangs around most of the winter and that's it. But this year it seems a different hummer visits every day, hangs around for about an hour, and then the next day it's a different one. Today I had two. A Rufous female stayed about an hour this morning, and an Anna's juvenile hung around about an hour mid-afternoon. Hardly ever the same bird two days in a row.

Female Rufous


As far as I know, the two Allen's are still at the oasis.



No comments:

Post a Comment