Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, December 13, 2019

The oasis has arrived!


I got my Lucifer Hummingbird license plates today. Something I should have done a long time ago. Can't be the Lucifer capital of the world without them. Now I want to wash my pickup to match but gonna wait until tomorrow. Yesterday I had to take medicine to continue breathing, so I assume I have bronchitis from my cold. I'm feeling really good today though. Apparently, I can keep these same plates forever. If I get a different vehicle they can be assigned over via the county tax office.

This Anna's Hummingbird stops by the feeders in Alpine once or twice every afternoon as far as I can tell. Per Kelly Bryan, it "has an adult tail but still is HY until January 1 when it turns to SY," meaning it was hatched early this year and next year will begin its second year. Since it comes in so seldom I can't leave a window open. This is the best I can do through glass.



2 comments:

  1. Great plates!!! I sure hope you and Hugh and family have a great Christmas and a fantastic 2020. Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete