Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, May 1, 2020

Alpine mulberries

Our mulberry trees are loaded with mulberries. This limb above the patio roof sounds like a hail storm when a gust of wind blows, causing the berries to pummel the roof.



Lots of birds in the trees of course. Mostly Cedar Waxwings, Western Tanagers and anything else that can get past the mockingbird police.

My town schedule got all messed up. I had three days to get a rent house detailed. Would have worked on it today but a woman said she'd help this afternoon (for a hefty price). Since I have all my energy in the morning, I forced myself to take a midday nap. Got up dreading the ordeal so took ibuprofen to help me make it through. Then my husband tells me the woman called and canceled while I was napping. (I only take ibuprofen in dire emergency situations). So she's supposed to come in the morning, but if she doesn't, then instead of having three days to scour the floors with oven cleaner, I'll have only two days. And I refuse to take ibuprofen two days in a row. Hopefully she'll show up and we can get it done tomorrow. It'll save my knees and shoulder a bunch to have help. I've never hired help in one of the houses before, but it's such a killer for me. I just did it all two weeks ago. My husband does the painting. I do the floors, stove, refrigerator, shower, sinks, toilet, etc. We're hoping to sell the houses since it's hard on both of us, but the pandemic put a hold on that.




No comments:

Post a Comment