Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, May 22, 2020

Hotter and drier

I water everything one day and the next day it looks bone dry and desperate for water. Sure hope we get rain soon. Today it got above 100° but every day recently has been about the same. Probably won't change until the monsoons start, hopefully in June.

Today I saw a Spotted Ground Squirrel. First one I've seen for several years. They're probably around and I just haven't seen them.


It's hard to resist taking photos of Varied Buntings.



2 comments:

  1. I've seen rain around there (well....I'm not clear on the radar exactly where the Oasis is) that looks as if something might be happening re the rain. I do hope so. 200 miles (as the crow flies) to the northeast, we have good chances the next few days. Let it rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't get any rain, but it's encouraging when there's rain in the area anywhere. Means we have a chance anyway. It would be so wonderful to get some.

    ReplyDelete