Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Braving the heat at CMO

I hadn't been to the oasis yet this May so was anxious to start my May butterfly and dragonfly lists. I arrived around 2 PM (after seeing to the rent house) to 105.° My first inclination was to take a long nap. I'd been up since 5 AM. But fearful that I'd miss something good, I went down the hill to the oasis and hung out. Nothing interesting and the few insects I tried to photograph were faster than my ability to focus. All I got a photo of today was this worn female Red Saddlebag. That's it.


I also try to acclimate my body to the heat so I don't miss out on so much. Winters are bad enough. Don't want to waste summers too.

My helper at the rent house was a lifesaver for me. Worth the $180 we paid her. What we couldn't redo we blended in. Not ideal, but acceptable. My husband is going to wax it tomorrow. After it's waxed I'll post a photo, unless the new tenants take possession before I get back to town.

Gotta water the trees tomorrow. Gonna be another scorcher. Maybe I'll get a lifer dragonfly or something tomorrow. At any rate, the morning won't be hot, so I'll water half in the morning and the other half Tuesday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment