Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, June 8, 2020

A real fixer-upper

When I had my car accident a while back I was on my way to a junky trailer my son had bought. He's fixing it up to live in in Alpine as he moves here from Austin. Eventually, he'll take over the oasis.


I can't seem to find a photo of the outside for a "before" photo but I'll get one. Meanwhile, he's been working a week in Austin, then a week on his trailer, then Austin a week, etc. He said he won't buy such a derelict trailer again, but he's into this one now, so he'll see it through. He's living in it with his wife. Someone had totally stripped it, even the walls, with plans to do something that never materialized.

The next couple of photos are from a few weeks ago.


So every little bit of progress is something to celebrate. He's now got a stove and refrigerator in it, plus a bathroom toilet and sink. He's in the process of putting in a shower/tub. He had to rewire a lot and replumb everything. Here he's under the trailer working on the plumbing.


At some point this will be a rental. He loves the neighborhood and the property came with the lot next to it that he plans to put another mobile home on, just not such a fixer-upper as this one. I'll update his progress from time to time.

As for my car accident, we got our car back from the body shop today. Looks as good as new. The insurance company determined I wasn't at fault so we'll get our deductible back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment