Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, June 15, 2020

Covid closing in

As of today Brewster County has 11 confirmed cases of Corona virus. I need to be more diligent here.

Common Raven
The electrician showed up this morning just like he said he would. He says the pump in the stucco tank is bad. And it probably is, since it hasn't worked properly for years, but replacing the pump won't solve the problem. Been there, done that. Even had the well service check one that didn't work in my tank and it checked out fine.

So I've decided to do something radically different. I'm going to install a trash pump in the tank, 115V instead of the 220v, and bypass the pressure tank. For several years now I've had to turn on both faucets to keep the pump from building up pressure and cutting off, so it won't be different by controlling when it comes on and off, instead of waiting for it to come on. The problem will be how to keep my drips going. Can't do that if I only have pressure when the pump is running. Thinking about running a drip from the new above ground tank. It's that or no drips. I don't want to use a trash pump to build up pressure, cutting on and off all the time. I need to keep things simple.

And I don't know how much pressure will build up in my water lines. The trash pump has a 2" discharge @ 10 GPM. But when it's reduced down to 1 or 1½" to accommodate my pipe system, and is pumped up 15 feet from the tank bottom, I have no idea how much pressure I'll end up with. Guess we'll find out.  I'm through with 220v well pumps, that I know.

2 comments: