Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, June 22, 2020

Final Post Park play day

Tomorrow I have to bite the bullet and go water at the oasis. Today was around 110° there. I'm really not looking forward to it. I hope the cottonwood still has some leaves on it.

Meanwhile, at Marathon, once again I glimpsed the Streak-backed Oriole but didn't get a photo. It was fun sharing the quest with some enthusiastic birders though.  Among the many birds I photographed, here's a juvenile Golden-fronted Woodpecker. Taken at a great distance, so a bit grainy.


Back in Alpine I snapped a couple of pics of the Great Horned Owl that lives in the big pecan tree...


A recently fledged Western Kingbird.


And our one remaining duckling, almost full-grown now....


Lotuses blooming


No comments:

Post a Comment