Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

All is well for now

The oasis looks great considering the area is in a drought. Got down here this morning and the drip was still dripping (thanks to my son). I filled the tank up to 200 gallons, which should last 4-5 days. Perfect. And painted it, of course.


Another triple-digit day with no change in the foreseeable future. Sure does wear on a person. Especially when it's the middle of monsoon season. Experts predict that West Texas will get hotter and drier. Probably not noticeably so in what's left of my lifetime. I expect to keep the oasis an oasis while I'm alive. My son spent a couple of days down here recently and seems real motivated to keep it going. I think he'll be spending more time down here in the near future, which is a big help to me. Right now he's overloaded with his business in Austin and getting his mobile home in Alpine livable.



No comments:

Post a Comment