Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, August 27, 2020

One day closer to rain

So hot and exhausting. I just keep putting one foot ahead of the other and know that it's not forever. Eventually, it'll rain, or cool off, anyway. 105° today, and I had a headache all night (dehydration from yesterday's six hours of watering). But I had no choice but to finish watering, repair the hoist on the seed feeder, pump rain barrel water into the house tank, fill and clean hummingbird feeders, and I forget what all else before heading back to Alpine. Not quite as birdy today. This is the only photo I even took. I was just in survival mode.


It's a juvenile Yellow-rumped Warbler that I was trying to make into something else, but couldn't. No wonder they're called "confusing fall warblers."


No comments:

Post a Comment