Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, August 22, 2020

Busy busy busy

Headed south early this morning. Always exciting to see my mountain come into view.


Here's a recent video clip from my sister's critter cam. One of these days I'm going to put mine up.

08160162

I saw a fawn at my big tank today.


And lots of birds at the oasis. More than usual during fall migration but that's because no water anywhere else. Here's a lovely Nashville Warbler.


And here's the Aoudad photo I promised you, taken by Ivan Castaneda.on Aug 16. I think  there are at least 30 in that herd. And plenty of babies to ensure their population growth. UGH!



Several days ago a bird photographer, Mike Williams, took this photo of a Black-capped Vireo here.


So that makes four vireo species we've had at the oasis this month (Bell's, Black-capped, Warbling, and Hutton's.)

I love seeing Lucifer Hummingbird nesting success in the form of juveniles. Here's a cute male.


And I just love this photo of an adult male by Mike Williams. It totally captures the essence of the species.




No comments:

Post a Comment