Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, August 16, 2020

New oasis species

In April I had reported a Hutton's Vireo for the oasis, and a couple of people have reported them here before, but today I got photos to document it, even though they're not sharp photos. Probably a young bird. So that was fun! Once again I sat by the drip all afternoon instead of taking even a short nap. Hope I don't get another two-day headache. There was a breeze so it didn't feel like the 105° that it was.


There are lots of deer coming in to water. I think this doe is pregnant.


And a visitor today photographed a big herd of at least 25 Aoudad near the big hill when he was coming in. 😧 I never see them come to drink. I presume they come after dark. I'll eventually get a copy of his photo and share it here.

It's hard to resist taking endless photos of Painted Buntings. They're so spectacular!


Another species I take too many photos of is Western Giant Swallowtail. This one is pretty worn looking.



No comments:

Post a Comment