Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, May 13, 2022

A moment with a wet backside!

I always enjoy watching America's Funniest Videos, so not surprisingly, it came to mind with this sighting.





This has been a moment with a wet backside!


While diligently watering my trees, I heard a loud splash in the big tank. I could not imagine what could have made a loud splash, certainly not a duck. Deer and javelina don't make splashes. So I went to see what it was, just in time to see a wet bear going over the spillway, drizzling water as it departed up the arroyo. What you see is what I saw! 


A few nice birds showed up today. Here's a Western Tanager bathing in the sprinkler.



And a Warbling Vireo.



___________________________________


UPDATE: Later I remembered that a few weeks before the bear sighting I had been looking for a bird back behind the spillway when I noticed the spillway had water drizzled on it. Obviously, the bear had used the tank before. At least he stays away from the rest of the oasis, so is afraid of humans. Hope it stays that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment