Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, September 4, 2022

Hectic day!


I met with the road contractor today to discuss what he can do on the big hill, etc. Haven't got a quote yet, but it'll be between 3 and 4 thousand. I'm stressing because I want to do what's the best for the hill, but don't know. There are so many issues and variables. Too many to blog about, but I'd love to discuss it with an expert. If anyone knows one, point him in my direction.


It's scary! I don't want the gofundme money spent irresponsibly. So, as bad as I want this done, I'm not going to rush into it. I'm thinking since it's too late to get it done for fall migration, I'll focus on having it done by next spring migration. 



Didn't have much time to watch birds today, but hopefully, can tomorrow.


4 comments:

  1. I'd say just trust word of mouth in your area. A long time ago, I had experiences with a couple of water tank (you know, big ponds) repairs. And with determining the over flow from it. Took me about 3 tries. And a lot of money. There are some people who can just grasp how to do it (the last successful one used actual surveying, the quantitative kind), and fixed it.Hard to know who can really understand a road and fix it. But I'm sure you'll find one. Unfortunately, it may take some failures. I hope not. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input. I understand my road after having studied, worked on it, and observed it for 45 years. I think it'll be fine if I can get a contractor to do it how I want it done. This one I consulted seems willing to do it how I want. If he decides he doesn't want the job, I'll try another. If worse comes to worse, I'll rent a mixer and get family to help. We'll put big patches on it, one at a time. It's doable. Previously, we had just mixed in a wheel barrow and done little patches. I'm just anxious to get it done, but at least visitors are making it in. I work on it some every time I'm there, bit by bit. Now that the monsoons are over, it shouldn't be too bad, though it's certainly not at an acceptable level.

      Delete
    2. Yes. If you've watched it that long, and have seen where the water goes under various conditions, then you'll get it done. Country roads are a money pit. Ha. Guess you know that already.

      Delete
  2. That's why I'm thinking of just putting some large patches on the big hill and not trying to make it a whole lot better, just more doable. The whole road is always going to be rough.

    ReplyDelete