Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, September 25, 2022

More about the big hill

I'm back in town where I have my good computer and photoshop, so want to finish regarding the hill project. It took a full day for my brain to process everything. My only disappointment is the slick surface, but since only two tires will be on it at a time, there should be plenty of traction.  Probably will never be a problem, and if it is, we can solve it one way or the other.

Going downhill as concrete cures

Downhill during curing time


I feel like we finally tamed the hill. As I process the situation, it's finally soaking in. I've struggled with it for 43 years. 

Since it's best to keep it wet for ten days, which I can't do, I opted to try to cover it with plastic for that amount of time. My sisters helped me scrounge what plastic we could, and cover it.



It doesn't seem as steep anymore. Weird how that is!

Here's a video clip of those hard workers getting the sand from my arroyo. (I had technical problems so couldn't post it until I got to town.) They teach their kids good work ethics.



No comments:

Post a Comment